Kia Stinger Named the Best Performance Car 2018
The Kia Stinger has been named car of the year at the UK Car of the Year Awards - best performance car in 2018 following its well-received introduction last year.
Jan 22, 2018
The Kia Stinger was highly anticipated, the car has been six years in the making and is based on the GT Concept from the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show. With a twin turbo V6 engine that goes 0-60 in 4.7 seconds, making this Grand Tourer the fastest accelerating Kia yet
The award was judged by a panel of well renowned UK journalists, the stinger impressing the judges with its striking style, superb handling and value for money. UK COTY judge Paul Barker said “A brave move by Kia to produce a great-looking grand tourer and an interesting addition to the sector. The 3.3-litre petrol engine is an absolute stormer.”
Another UK COTY judge Alex Grant said: “The Stinger is a sign of how far Kia has come in the last decade; a genuine rival to the compact executive sports saloon, with a competitive choice of engines and striking styling. The accessibility makes it the best in this class.”
Paul Philpott CEO and President of Kia Motors UK Ltd said: “Stinger is such an important car for Kia because it says so much about where our brand is heading”.
Check out the other winners from the Uk Car of the Year awards:
- Best Performance – Kia Stinger
- Best Large Crossover – Skoda Kodiaq
- Best Supermini – Seat Ibiza
- Best Small Hatch – Volkswagen Golf
- Best Family – Peugeot 3008
- Best Executive – BMW 5-Series
- Best Luxury – Rolls-Royce Phantom
- Best Estate – BMW 5-Series Touring
- Best Small Crossover – Citroën C3 Aircross
- Best Medium Crossover– Volvo XC60
- Best Coupé – Lexus LC
- Best Cabriolet – Mazda MX-5 RF
- Best Hot Hatch – Hyundai i30 N
If you want to find out more about the winners of this year's awards visit UKCOTY.