The Stunning KIA Stinger GT Arrives at Sandicliffe Kia
Now at Sandicliffe Kia! The amazing Kia Stinger, an elegant GT based on the 2011 Concept, is now available to order From Sandicliffe Kia Leicester & Nottingham
Nov 28, 2017
Five versions are available at both Sandicliffe Kia Leicester and Nottingham, all with turbocharged direct-injection engines mated to an eight-speed automatic gearbox and featuring innovative electronic driver aids and connectivity systems. The ‘GT-Line’ and ‘GT-Line S’ offer the choice of a 2.0-litre 244bhp T-GDi petrol engine or a 2.2-litre 197bhp CRDi turbodiesel, while the range-topping ‘GT S’ has exclusive use of a 3.3-litre 365bhp twin-turbo V6. The ‘GT S’, as the fastest and most powerful model in the range, also has adjustable electronic suspension damping and Brembo brakes.
The 3.3-litre twin-turbo V6 T-GDi is the fastest-accelerating Kia ever, with a 0-60mph time of 4.7 seconds and a top speed of 168mph, while the 2.2-litre CRDi's combined fuel consumption of 50.4mpg gives it a touring range of comfortably more than 600 miles. All versions drive the rear wheels through an electronic eight-speed automatic gearbox.
Dean Asher, General Manager from Sandicliffe Kia says, “we’re delighted to be able to showcase the Kia Stinger at our Leicester dealership. This is a real delight from Kia and we can’t wait to show the local people of Leicester.”
Comfort and Stylings
The Stinger has space for five people and their luggage. The seats are snug and the two in front have eight-way power adjustment – with a memory function on the driver's side – and a two-way power cushion extender plus four-way power lumbar adjustment. The front seats and steering wheel are heated, and in ‘GT-Line S’ and ‘GT S’ they are also ventilated, while the outer rear seats are also heated. To enhance comfort, dual automatic air conditioning is fitted to every model.
The car is the first Kia to be fitted with an Active Sound System. This relays the engine note to the cabin through the car's audio system rather than the more conventional actuator.
- 7.0-inch LCD Thin Film Transistor (TFT) supervision cluster and a customizable head-up display which allows key information:
- Navigation instructions with full European mapping and traffic messaging.
- Projected onto the windscreen:
- Cruise control and Blind spot detection info
The ‘GT-Line S’ and ‘GT S’ also have a 360-degree around-view monitor.
- DAB Radio with MP3 compatibility and Bluetooth with voice recognition and music streaming.
The ‘GT-Line’ has a nine-speaker sound system with front under-seat subwoofer and the ‘GT-Line S’ and ‘GT S’ have a concert hall quality 15-speaker Harman/Kardon premium system with subwoofer, external amp and front centre speaker.
- Kia's engine stop/start system – this ensures no fuel is wasted and no emissions are released into the air when the car is stationary.
- The engine cuts out as soon as the driver brakes to a standstill and restarts when the brake pedal is released.
- Autonomous Emergency Braking – automatically intervenes to stop the car if the driver fails to respond to a potential accident.
- Lane Keeping Assist
- High Beam Assist - adjust the headlights according to other traffic and local lighting
- Driver Attention Warning - alerts a tired driver that it is time to take a break
- Speed limit info system
The ‘GT-Line S’ and ‘GT S’ supplement this with Blind Spot Detection with Rear Cross Traffic Alert: together, these act as an extra pair of eyes for the driver, warning of vehicles approaching out of his or her eye-line when changing lanes or exiting parallel parking spaces.
- Electronic Stability Control linked to Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
- This corrects potential skids without any intervention from the driver VSM incorporates a new dynamic torque vectoring system which monitors driver inputs and road conditions and automatically applies power and braking force to the inner rear wheel to minimise understeer and enhance tractability and steering feel.
Stinger's standard paint finish is Sunset Yellow, while Pearl White, Midnight Black, Ceramic Grey, HiChroma Red and Panthera Metal are chargeable options. Stinger comes with three interior colour options, Black leather, grey leather or red leather.
The extensive testing regime undertaken with Stinger means that it enjoys the same seven-year/100,000-mile warranty as any of the company's other models. This declaration of faith in the car's reliability and quality covers all labour and parts except those subject to normal wear and tear, and is transferable if the car is sold before the time/mileage limit expires.