Meet Our New Friend, Ben
Our partnership with Ben, the UK's number 1 automotive charity dedicated to helping those who work or have worked in the automotive industry.
Mar 28, 2019
Ever since opening shop in 1948, not a year has gone by where we haven’t put our people first. Our whole ethos relies on the care and well-being of our employees and our customers; we really are one great motoring family and our latest member has arrived – Ben.
Ben is the independent not-for-profit organisation dedicated to supporting individuals in the automotive industry and their family dependents. Support is offered through advice and guidance on issues surrounding physical, mental, social and financial health and wellbeing. If you are or have been employed within the automotive sector, you can get in touch with Ben by calling the charity’s confidential helpline on 08081 311 333 or use the confidential online chat option both of which are completely free. Alternatively, visit https://www.ben.org.uk/ for a countless amount of beneficially useful information.
How can Ben help me?
If ever you require any support or advice, Ben will be able to help you any time from 8am-8pm (weekdays only) via telephone, text, email and chat. Once you have been qualified as eligible, Ben will assign you with a highly trained client support advisor where you will receive tailored advice and guidance to help you get back on track. Below are just a few examples demonstrating how Ben could help you:
- Tailored support: Ben’s services are unlimited in terms of every day challenges we may face. You can expect to find help with Ben on almost anything that may hinder your wellbeing. That includes matters regarding finance, mental health, bereavement, loneliness, fitness, physical injuries, mistreatment and many more.
- Information, advice and guidance: Sometimes it’s hard to find genuine help when it comes to issues revolving benefits claims, housing and care funding. Ben offers a genuine advice service that can help you tackle any concerns you may have about your welfare.
- Therapy: To ensure you receive the best possible care, Ben may introduce therapy if they feel it is required. In the past they have funded family counselling, relationship counselling, mental health therapy and healing interventions when needed.
- Physical adaptions: As well as therapy, Ben further facilitates your quality of life by funding home adjustments for those who have suffered from physical damage and injury, for example mobility platform elevators, stair lifts and so on.
- Funding: Ben also funds short breaks and trips for those who sadly face life-limiting or terminal illnesses.
Am I eligible to benefit from Ben?
Ben is an independent charity devoted to the automotive industry and is proud to support any individual who is currently employed or was previously employed in the automotive, associated or allied trades or industries. Ben also supports any family dependents of the above. A full list of criteria can be found here.
Types of care
Download the brochure for an overview of the types of care Ben provides including:
1. Nursing Care: physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual care
2. Dementia Care: tailored care to meet each individuals needs as the condition progresses
3. Short Stay Care: rehabilitative care post-op/illness e.g. physiotherapy, hydrotherapy…
4. End of life care: palliative care, pain relief, psychological, social and spiritual support, including family support
Test your anxiety levels
You will find a plethora of useful resources when you browse Ben’s website online. One example includes a Mood Self-Assessment supplied by the NHS. If you’re worried about your mental health, why not take the free test today? If you need some tips on how to deal with mental health and anxiety, simply download the brochure below.
Improve your finances
From testimonials to top tips on how to improve your credit score, Ben provides a detailed account on how you can improve your financial health. One in six UK adults need financial help and with the aid of Ben’s tools online, you can plan a budget, calculate whether you are eligible for certain benefits and search for available grants.
Pain in the backside?
Over 600,000 people are injured in their place of work a year - don’t suffer in silence. Ben can help you deal with long term or chronic health conditions, serious injuries and terminal illnesses through a wide range of support. Read through Ben’s advice and tips surrounding physical wellbeing below as well as your rights and what the law says:
Easily locate Ben on social media at the following places below:
Twitter - @BenSupport4Auto
Facebook - BenSupport4Auto
Instagram - @bensupport4auto